With the help of a strength trainer, strength training exercises can accomplish personal goals for fitness and health:
- – It helps to strengthen muscle and improves muscle tone. This is crucial because when a person reaches the age of thirty, he tends to lose half a pound per year.
- – The count of muscle fibers responsible for human strength declines when a person’s age reach thirty. Strength exercise can slow down the process by accumulating muscle mass.
- – It can provide strength training exercises for women in order to avoid Osteoporosis.
- – In some cases, strength training assists in lowering high blood pressure.
- – It can help maintain strength of elderly to avoid using cane in order to walk properly.
- – Strength training increases metabolic rate, which is essential factor to maintain body weight.
All about Strength Training with a Strength Trainer
Strength training is an exercise program designed for the muscle to respond against a resistance and expecting to increase strength, tone muscle, and attain endurance. The objects that can be used for the resistance exercise are rubber exercise tubing, dumbbells, bottles filled with water, own body weight, and other objects that can cause muscle contraction.
Strength training exercisers can be done through the following activities as monitored by a strength trainer:
- The Squat
This is the most common strength exercises that a person can do. It works on glutes, hamstring, quads, and calves at one time. Squat is done by standing with two feet apart with toes facing angled slightly outward, then bending the knees and hips moving downward towards the floor. The lowering should not be done more than 90-degrees angle.
- The Deadlift
This is a simple body movement considered as a total body exercise. It works on the butt, back, quadriceps, abs and oblique. Deadlift is done by bringing the body straight up from a lifting position.
- The Bench Press
This is the most common exercise using a barbell. It is a superior exercise for the upper body to develop chest muscles, triceps and deltoids. Bench Press is done by pushing a barbell straight upward from the chest and then bringing it back. This is done with the back flat in a bench.
- The Shoulder Press
This is a movement done to build and strengthen the muscles located at the shoulders. It works on the shoulders, arms, abs, oblique and back. The shoulder press can be done standing or seated. This exercise starts with the weight at the shoulder level and pushing all the way upward then bringing back again toward the shoulder.
- The Pull up
This compound muscle exercise works the pulling muscles. It works on the back muscles, biceps, forearm muscles and grip strength. The pull up is done by bringing the entire body up using arm gripped in a bar.
A strength trainer can monitor the effective performance of strength training. By using proper strength trainer equipment, the development of personal strength is achieved through progressive and consistent strength training program. A strength trainer implements the fitness program that is suited to the individual’s requirements.
The strength trainer teaches the individual on how to do the strength exercises. He also motivates the person in achieving their fitness goal. The strength trainer is also responsible in monitoring nutritional guides along with the exercise program.
The activity of the strength trainer is to ensure that the following are done accordingly:
- The client is consistent in following the health and fitness program set for the purpose.
- The strength trainer should monitor the nutritional information given to the individual.
- The strength trainer has to record and monitor the client’s over-all personal development.
- The strength trainer should make sure that the client is safe in the performance of the strength training program.